About the Blog

This blog contains recent projects, activities, and musings about astrophotography and space, to view my main webpage with prints for sale, final images, and Annie's Astro Actions, please visit: www.eprisephoto.com

.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Astrophotography with a bright moon

Every month astrophotographers cringe at two words "full moon" as the great glowing orb in the sky makes it very difficult to image. Narrowband or photographing the moon are the two main options if you want to take advantage, as I do, of the few clear nights I get (even if it falls on a full or near-full moon). A few days past the full moon this month I noticed the moon rising with a beautiful orange color. I realized that it would pass right by the tree in my front yard where the cherry blossoms are currently blooming so I popped out with my camera to catch it.

This is a combination of two photos, taken at the same exposure but different focuses then merged so both the moon and the cherry blossoms would be in focus in the final product. The tree was lit up by an off camera flash, hand-held the lower left of the camera and set to fire at the last moment of exposure.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Now how about the moon and a howling wolf?

    Top 5 Planets...
    http://topfiveawesome.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-5-nearest-planets-from-sun.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this full moon with cherry blossom picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this full moon with cherry blossom picture...

    ReplyDelete

Monitor Calibration

Monitor Calibration
The grayscale above presents 24 shades of gray from pure white to solid black. If you cannot see all 24, your monitor needs calibration to view the astrophotos correctly: I recommend the site linked in the image