About the Blog

This blog contains recent projects, activities, and musings about astrophotography and space, to view my main webpage with prints for sale, final images, and Annie's Astro Actions, please visit: www.eprisephoto.com

.

Monday, August 8, 2011

North America & a Pelican

I have been continuing work on my narrowband mosaic project. I first started imaging on this project on May 21, 2011. In the early morning hours of August 7 I finally got 1/3 of the way through by finishing the Ha portion of the mosaic. I still have a ways to go to colorize the image with SII & OIII, but I am very happy with the Ha and looking forward to the final result.

I have been continuing to update the zoomable version located at http://mosaicproject.eprisephoto.com 
Very large, high-res prints are now available on my website as well at: http://www.eprisephoto.com 

Here are the image details:

Image type: 17 panel mosaic
Camera: Atik 314L+
Guide camera: Starlight XPress Lodestar
Scope: Orion EON 80ED
Filter: Astronomik Ha 12nm
Integration time (per panel): 10 x 1200sec
Integration time (total): 56 hrs 40 min

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monitor Calibration

Monitor Calibration
The grayscale above presents 24 shades of gray from pure white to solid black. If you cannot see all 24, your monitor needs calibration to view the astrophotos correctly: I recommend the site linked in the image