About the Blog

This blog contains recent projects, activities, and musings about astrophotography and space, to view my main webpage with prints for sale, final images, and Annie's Astro Actions, please visit: www.eprisephoto.com

.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Making a mosaic

If you want to image a larger object with a small chip CCD it inevitably leaves to one thing: Mosaics. My first attempt turned out fairly well (I made a 6 panel mosaic of the Rosette Nebula), but did take a good bit of figuring out, aligning, and minute stretching adjustments to balance the panels once they were processed and aligned. I tried various ways to create the mosaic and found that Photoshop was the easiest way out of the programs I currently have.

I was going to specify all the steps to make a mosaic, but instead I created actions for my new action set to do this for both a 6 panel and a 4 panel mosaic (I might expand to a 9 panel as well - havent decided). From there its just a matter of rotating and continuous slight stretching with levels and curves around and around until they all merge together seamlessly.

Here is my result:

1 comment:

  1. That's really wonderful!! Hope the business goes well for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Monitor Calibration

Monitor Calibration
The grayscale above presents 24 shades of gray from pure white to solid black. If you cannot see all 24, your monitor needs calibration to view the astrophotos correctly: I recommend the site linked in the image