About the Blog

This blog contains recent projects, activities, and musings about astrophotography and space, to view my main webpage with prints for sale, final images, and Annie's Astro Actions, please visit: www.eprisephoto.com

.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

More data for M51

Got back out last night and got additional data to add to the data a few nights ago. Last night's data was: 25 x 210sec - Lum 15 x 210sec - R, G, B 25 x 300sec - Lum so adding that to the previous data resulted in minutes: LRGB: 297:83:83:83 Camera: Atik 314L+ Scope: Orion EON80ED piggybacked on CPC800 unguided, combination of 3, 4, & 5 min subs. Lum binned 1x1, RGB binned 2x2

The additional data helped to go a bit deeper, bring out more of not only M51 but some faint galaxies in the FOV as well. I will probably still go back and reprocess from scratch just to see if I can pull more out, but I am happy with it. I think I will move on to a new object now :-)


After culling the bad frames I had almost 5 hours of Luminance and just under
and hour and a half of RGB and that is enough for me for this object.



Same image, cropped onto M51:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monitor Calibration

Monitor Calibration
The grayscale above presents 24 shades of gray from pure white to solid black. If you cannot see all 24, your monitor needs calibration to view the astrophotos correctly: I recommend the site linked in the image