About the Blog

This blog contains recent projects, activities, and musings about astrophotography and space, to view my main webpage with prints for sale, final images, and Annie's Astro Actions, please visit: www.eprisephoto.com

.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Torching a Horse with Hydrogen

I was able to get a little bit of a clear sky last night and was able to finalize an ok polar alignment (its still not PERFECT, but its getting better), get my new camera out, and finally do some proper imaging. With the moon coming up I went ahead and just shot in Hydrogen-alpha (Ha).

So here is my first REAL image from my new camera on a polar alignment.
Horsehead and Flame Nebulas (IC434 & NGC 2024)


Details :
camera: Atik 314L+
scope: Orion EON80ED piggybacked on Celestron CPC800
filter: Astronomik Ha
other: Astro-Tech field flattener
exposure: 170 x 60sec



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monitor Calibration

Monitor Calibration
The grayscale above presents 24 shades of gray from pure white to solid black. If you cannot see all 24, your monitor needs calibration to view the astrophotos correctly: I recommend the site linked in the image